Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wiz Khalifa: Do you know him?

So, I posted the top five songs that I like by Wiz Khalifa on facebook, but barely got any comments on better songs. Why? I thought he was the Sh*t, I thought he was the newest legend to be heard of? He is.
  People today only listen to mainstream music played by the radio, like Justin Beiber, Ke$ha, Usher, and etc. However, I do remember a time when people dug deeper and learned who their artists were as a person as well as a musician. For example, when Easy E died, everyone knew it was because he had contracted aids from a fan, but they also knew that he was a party animal and didn't use much protection, and they knew that he was very focused on his music and life with his son. He was young when he died. So, you see now what I mean? In a year or so Justin Beiber will be forgotten by the masses and someone knew will take his place. I for one, will not listen to mainstream artists all day long and their horribly autotuned voices and catchy tunes and verses. I will listen and dig into my artists and get to know them, and understand them, and know what makes them the best like T.I., Biggy, N.W.A, and so many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment